POST ON LITTLE SHEEP MONGOLIAN IN VANCOUVER [HERE]
Little Sheep Mongolian is the second Chinese AYCE hot pot restaurant on Kingsway Street, in Burnaby. The first Little Sheep restaurant in B.C is at Richmond in Lansdown Mall, and I like that location because of their comfortable booth seating arrangements, spacious interior, convenient parking and the sauce station.
The Burnaby location is a lot smaller and the tables are slightly smaller as well. Furthermore, the restaurant has a few tables for larger parties of four to six and one private room. On our visit, I appreciate how the manager and waiter tried to space out customers so everyone could have a comfortable dining space.
ADULT $19.98 CHILDREN (5-12) $14.98
PEANUT SAUCE, CHILLI SAUCE, BLACK VINEGAR,
SATAY SAUCE, CHILI OIL AND SOY SAUCE. CILANTRO ($1.00).
The cilantro could have been more fresh since they charge for it (camera could not pick up the wilted parts).
HOUSE SPECIAL ORIGINAL AND HOUSE SPICY BROTH ($9.99).
The original soup base has a chicken broth flavou and the spicy one tastes more like a salty broth. The spicy broth has no hint of spiciness and tastes extremely salty.
WINTER MELON SLICES, FRIED TARO ROOT SLICES, LOTUS ROOT SLICES, BEAN CURD SHEET ROLLS, SWEET POTATO SLICES, TOFU PUFFS, ENOKI MUSHROOM, OYSTER MUSHROOM AND SWEET CORN.
Everything tastes like what it is, generic with no complaints or raves. If I had to mention something, it would be the bean curd sheet rolls because I prefer the them over dried bean curd!
MONGOLIAN SPICY MEATY BONE AND PORK BLOOD CURD.
The pork neck bones taste tender as well as slightly salty, along with a soya flavour.
QUAIL EGGS AND SLICED LAMB SHOULDER.
The slices of lamb are tender and not too chewy.
BEEF SLICES AND SLICED PORK LOIN.
The beef slices taste tender but unfortunately, the pork could have been sliced thinner and tastes a bit too tough.
SPINACH AND TONG HO.
Yeah... I lost my appetite after seeing this huge worm. I know most hot pot restaurants do not wash their vegetables and only rinse, but wow... these were not even rinsed. Good thing I always look at what I eat!
$5.00 coupons are always provided with the bill. I think I rather use these a the Richmond location though… haha.
- Average eats
- Restaurant was not very busy and a lot of the waitresses (not the waiter) were lazy. Pretty much every one of them would look at empty plates and pass us
- PLEASE AT LEAST RINSE THE VEGETABLES… and to think I thought Shanghai River's worm was even an issue
- Last call is an hour before closing, usually it is only thirty minutes before closing?
- Why am I paying for old crappy cilantro?
- Only hot pot restaurant that does not rinse their vegetables (that I know of)
- Post on Little Sheep Mongolian in Vancouver [here]
- Extra charge for prawns, mussels and some other items. Most hot pot restaurants have those items included
- I prefer the Richmond location more (service and comfortable seating)
- If in Burnaby, I prefer Top Gun at Crystal Mall