Little Sheep Mongolian is the second Chinese AYCE hot pot restaurant on Kingsway in Burnaby. The first Little Sheep Mongolian location in B.C is at Richmond, Lansdown Mall. I like the Richmond location because of their comfortable booth seating, spacious restaurant, convenient parking and the sauce station.
The Burnaby location is a lot smaller and the tables are slightly smaller as well. The restaurant has a few tables for larger parties of four to six and one private room. Also, I appreciate the manager and waiter for trying to space out customers so everyone can have a comfortable space.
ADULT $19.98 CHILDREN (5-12) $14.98
PEANUT SAUCE, CHILLI SAUCE, BLACK VINEGAR,
SATAY SAUCE, CHILI OIL AND SOY SAUCE. CILANTRO ($1.00).
The cilantro could have been more fresh since they charge for it (camera did not pick up the wilt)
HOUSE SPECIAL ORIGINAL AND HOUSE SPICY BROTH ($9.99).
The original soup base has a chicken broth taste and the spicy one tastes more like a salty broth. The spicy broth has no hint of spiciness and tastes extremely salty.
WINTER MELON SLICES, FRIED TARO ROOT SLICES, LOTUS ROOT SLICES, BEAN CURD SHEET ROLLS, SWEET POTATO SLICES, TOFU PUFFS, ENOKI MUSHROOM, OYSTER MUSHROOM AND SWEET CORN.
Everything tastes like what it is, generic with no complaints or raves. If I had to mention something, it would be the bean curd sheet rolls. I prefer the sheet rolls over dried bean curd!
MONGOLIAN SPICY MEATY BONE AND PORK BLOOD CURD.
The pork neck bones tastes tender and slightly salty with a soya taste.
QUAIL EGGS AND SLICED LAMB SHOULDER.
The slices of lamb tastes average and not chewy.
BEEF SLICES AND SLICED PORK LOIN.
The beef slices taste tender, however, the pork could have been sliced thinner and tastes a bit too tough.
SPINACH AND TONG HO.
Yeah... I lost my appetite after seeing this huge worm. I know most hot pot restaurants do not wash their vegetables and only rinse, but wow, these were not even rinsed. Good thing I always look at what I eat!
SHRIMP BALLS, PORK AND SHRIMP DUMPLING, IMITATION CRAB STICK AND COD FILLET.
Ahaha... I think I would rather use these at the Richmond location.
- Average eats
- Restaurant was not very busy and a lot of the waitresses (not the waiter) were lazy. Pretty much every one of them would look at empty plates and pass us
- PLEASE AT LEAST RINSE THE VEGETABLES… and to think I thought Shanghai River's worm was even an issue
- Last call is an hour before closing, usually it is only thirty minutes before closing?
- Why am I paying for old crappy cilantro?
- Only hot pot restaurant that does not rinse their vegetables (that I know of)
- Extra charge for prawns, mussels and some other items. Most hot pot restaurants have those items included
- I prefer the Richmond location more (service and comfortable seating)
- If in Burnaby, I prefer Top Gun at Crystal Mall