Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Famous Warehouse


A few weeks ago, I posted about dying to visit Tom & Jerry's because everything on the menu is $10.99 or less. At the Famous Warehouse, everything on the menu is $4.95! My friend mentioned the Famous Warehouse to me a few months ago but I never bothered because pubs are not really my thing. Lately however, I have been craving for burgers so why not? Plus.. $4.95! I read some reviews before visiting and most of them conclude to stay away from tacos, mac n' cheese and wings but the burgers are safe.

Most reviews mention that there can be up to a 30 minute wait for a table. My sister and I came around 5:00pm on a Monday and luckily there was no line up. When you enter there is a sign stating, "please wait to be seated." I find the sign kind of odd because quite a few people would be standing at the door for 15 minutes with no acknowledgement from the staff. The servers and bartender see customers waiting, and there are tables available but they simply do not acknowledge customers? No smile, no wave, no "hold on", basically nothing, you see them glancing at you... but nothing happens. After seeing most people wait 10-15 minutes, a server who previously saw you will finally come and speak with you. If it wasn't for my sister who told me to sit down, I have no idea how long I would've been standing there for. When our server came, she was very friendly.


SMOKEY BBQ BURGER, THE WORKS BURGER AND POTATO SKINS.




MAPLE BACON POTATO SKINS, RUSSET POTATO SKINS, CHEDDAR, MOZZARELLA, CRISPY MAPLE BACON, GREEN ONIONS AND SOUR CREAM ($4.95). The potato skins have a slight crisp and could have been baked longer but is good enough. Also, there is a good amount of cheese, green onion as well as bacon and everything tastes yummy. Simple, not salty and something you can make at home. Oddly enough, some places can mess this up.

SMOKEY BBQ BURGER, PREMIUM ALBERTA BEEF, SMOKEY BBQ SAUCE, JALAPENOS, CHEDDAR, MACHO SAUCE, LETTUCE AND TOMATO ON A TOASTED BRIOCHE BUN ($4.95) WITH A SIDE OF CREAMY BACON SOUP ($1.95). The brioche bun is lightly toasted and my sister likes the barbecue sauce. For her side, she chose the creamy bacon soup. The soup has a light, homemade and hearty taste, not salty at all. I do not remember seeing any bacon though.

THE WORKS BURGER, PREMIUM ALBERTA BEEF, MAPLE BACON, CHEDDAR, CRISPY ONION STRINGS, MACHO SAUCE, SHREDDED LETTUCE AND TOMATO ON A TOASTED BRIOCHE BUN ($4.95) WITH A SIDE OF YAM FRIES ($1.95). 

After the first bite, I immediately thought "wow, this is something you can make at home", in a good way. The beef patty tastes juicy and is pretty much a generic frozen beef patty (not hating on the patties, I like familiar tastes). The burger does not taste greasy or heavy in sauce and is pretty much how one would make a burger at home. Not a fan of processed cheese? Meh, there is not much taste of it. Usually I dislike processed cheese (I despise Cheez Wiz btw) but it was not so bad with the burger. Also, is it weird that I did not taste the crispy onion strings? I did not even know there was any until when I uploaded the photos! The bacon tastes crispy but not too crunchy and the burger is pretty much yummy especially for only $4.95. For the side of yam fries, they are a tiny bit over deep fried and the inside does not as moist as it could have been.

POSITIVES
- Friendly server
- Everything on the menu is only $4.95!
- Place to hang out if that's your thing (doesn't seem like you would be rushed to leave even if there was a line up)
- Food tastes homey (simple, not too saucy, salty, greasy or bad)

NEGATIVES
- Staff is forgetful and not efficient
- Giving customers the bill is not a priority
- Seating customers is not a priority
- Ignore the above if you want to hang out here for hours (no sarcasm)

LITTLE THINGS
- Do not except to eat and be on the go. Getting the bill takes about twenty minutes even if the pub is not busy
- Personal complaint: Waited twenty minutes for bill, walked up to get it and still waited another fifteen minutes after that:(

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 2/5

The Famous Warehouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...