Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jimmy's Place Restaurant


Jimmy's Place is a Korean owned family breakfast joint and a good alternative other than White Spot, Denny's and IHOP in the Lougheed Mall/borderline Coquitlam area.


I have never tried their burgers before but I have seen quite a few people order them for breakfast (at 9:00am), so it must be good.


Jimmy's Restaurant is like a diner, minus the breakfast bar. You pay at the front and seat yourself.


THE EVERYTHING OMELETTE and HOUSE SPECIAL BENEDICT.


Coca Cola ($2.25).


His EVERYTHING OMELET CONSISTING OF GREEN PEPPER, TOMATO, ONION, MUSHROOM, HAM, BACON AND CHEDDAR CHEESE WITH TOAST AND HASH BROWNS ($10.95). The omelet tastes average and is not fluffy. The shredded hash browns are overly crispy/hard/crunchy as well which some people do not prefer, but I love it.


My HOUSE SPECIAL BENEDICT WITH GREEN PEPPER, TOMATO, ONION, MUSHROOM, GREEN ONION, HAM AND BACON ($12.95). The hollandaise sauce tastes really light and fluffy, but the eggs are overcooked and the english muffin is soggy.


On the left, the first egg. On the right, the second egg :(.

Jimmy's Place is another breakfast option if you do not want to go to the usual chain restaurants (Denny's, White Spot, IHOP). I usually have more misses here than hits and I find their breakfast average. I personally prefer Cora's since they have fresh fruit and the egg benedicts are REALLY good. For the service, I do not think they are over or under staffed, but they could be more efficient. The food takes quite a long time and breakfast dishes are generally pretty much fast. Actually I would not mind if the food takes long, as long as it is properly executed. 

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 2.5/5

Jimmy's Place Restaurant on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. wow they have the best eggs benny ever, me and everyone i know agree and have been going there for years! u can keep supporting ur big chains like coras, ihop and denny's.. this place is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love supporting family businesses, but I do not like soggy English muffins or overcooked eggs. On top of that, I like fluffy omelettes rather than stiff ones.

      Delete
  2. I have been to Cora's and Jimmy's both an equal amount, and I find I've had many more disappointments at Cora's in terms of quality.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...