Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Reflect Social Dining + Lounge at the Hilton


Brunch at the Hilton. No carving station? No roast beef? No prime rib?


I guess because of the long weekend, there was only three other tables including us.

$32.95/person
Free parking (Crystal Mall)


THE FRESH ORANGE JUICE. Why did our server not offer us champaign? It is a given as well as a must ask for Hilton. The only time I felt like I ever had too much champaign at the Hilton was on Mother's Day where the ratio was 8:2 champaign and I usually like 6:4.


The SALAD BAR is perfect for health nuts.


The COLD FOODS BAR consisting of mussels, smoked salmon, deli meat, smoked fish and shrimp cocktail.


MY FIRST PLATE consisting of clams, smoked salmon, smoked fish and shrimp cocktail. The mussels taste a lot better at their Mother's Day brunch. They did not have a clean or fresh taste and they were stiff with some sort of limeon dressing, I did not like them much. Surprisingly the smoked salmon is really mushy and not enjoyable (I thought smoke salmon should always taste the same). The shrimp cocktail is what it is, other places have larger prawns. The smoked fish is okay, kind of dry, but I think it is supposed to be like that.


HIS FIRST PLATE


MUFFINS AND BOXED CEREAL


PASTRY, TOAST AND CEREAL SECTION


SCONES, DANISHES, CROISSANT, TOAST


NOODLE SALAD?


SUSHI (CALIFORNIA ROLL, YAM TEMPURA ROLL AND DYNAMITE ROLL)


FRENCH TOAST


HASH BROWNS 


SCRAMBLED EGGS


SAUSAGES


BACON


PANCAKES


BLUEBERRY SAUCE


POACHED EGG STATION


DIM SUM (DUMPLINGS, SHAO MAI AND HA GAO)


DEEP FRIED CHICKEN


SALMON AND VEGETABLES (YELLOW AND RED PEPPERS, BROCCOLI, MUSHROOMS, CAULIFLOWER)


GREEN CURRY


RED CURRY


RICE


SAMOSA BALLS?


MY SECOND PLATE consisting of hash browns, bacon, salmon, watermelon and honeydew. The bacon is panfried and looks a lot better than Pan Pacifics' because they are not all clumped up, but they are really salty (not the good salty too). The hash browns are what it is, nothing special. The salmon is overcooked and stiff but that is a given for brunch.


HIS SECOND PLATE, he liked the pancake.


MY SMOKE SALMON EGG BENEDICT


When I tried to cut it, water bursted open and got everywhere. Not the yolk, but water. I guess they did not drain it properly.


Yeah.. my egg looked like this. It was not really good. The hollandaise is light (which I like), the english muffin is too hard (freshly toasted) and the egg is pretty much failed.


MY THIRD PLATE consisting of salad, smoked salmon, samosa ball, deep fried chicken and watermelon. The salad is what it is, the smoked salmon is mushy, the samosa ball as I call it tastes like a samosa inside and the deep fried chicken is moist (the seasoning on the skin could taste better).


HIS THIRD PLATE, which he thought everything was average. Surprisingly he liked the sushi the most.


THE DESSERT BAR


I love their fruit selection! One of the best.


FOR DESSERT, THE ECLAIR AND LEMON CAKE. The eclair is pretty bad, the cream tastes horrible like packaged ones from a supermarket and the eclair itself tastes stale. The cake is okay.


AS WELL AS THE CHEESECAKE. The cheesecake tastes warm and does not have the usual tradition, simple, typical cheesecake taste.

To be honest I did not enjoy brunch here at all and I was hungry after. Why is there no carving station?  Not going to lie, I think it is stupid that there is no carving station. I mean, I ate nothing and what I ate did not even taste fresh. Our server was nice though, he refilled our drinks and cleared our plates. If anything, he disappeared for quite a long time and other servers could not find him. If you decide to come since the price is cheaper than most brunches, I recommend calling ahead to see if the have prime rib or roast beef. 

I have to admit their Mother's Day brunch is PRETTTTTTTTY good.


Everything tasted fresh, there were two kinds of mussels and the crab claws were my favourite.

Food: 2/5
Service: 4/5

Reflect Social Dining + Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...